Weekend in Review

Hello there! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

On Friday, I had a long list of things that I wanted to work on for the house this weekend including picking the granite for the kitchen island and counter tops; picking a back splash for the kitchen, picking a vanity for the guest bathroom and figuring out what I was doing for an accent wall for the same bathroom.  I also wanted to pick out a faucet for the kitchen, but that item didn't make it on to the agenda AT ALL and though I was thinking of the granite, we didn't get around to doing that either.  The problem with a lot of design stores for kitchen and bathrooms is that they have limited hours on Saturdays and are usually closed on Sundays.  So you have to jam pack a ton of stuff from 9 am to 3 pm on a Saturday.


I wanted to pick the granite counter top and then work from there, but sometimes, what you plan isn't what works out. 
So we ended up looking at the back splash and tiles for the accent wall.
We also got the vanity, but more on that later.
I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for the back splash in the kitchen, so I started out looking at my favorite- metallics.  Since I know we're doing chrome or stainless steel hardware/handles for the kitchen cabinets I was thinking silver.


So here's what I started with:


Ignore the tiles on the top row.  I took these on my phone and didn't have time to crop out the unwanted specimens. Sorry!


Detail:






 



 
I liked these two the best in this type of back splash tiles:





Then things started to get a bit more interesting:























Out of this set I liked the two below ones the best. You can change the colors in most of these designs to any color you want.





Then I saw some beauties for the accent wall in the guest bathroom and I had no idea what to do with myself:



This is a mosaic made out of 5"X5" tiles and glass pieces.
This picture doesn't even come close to how amazing it is in person.





Hmmmmm... this could be MAJOR!





or what about this one?

Talk about making a statement!







I could go for gold in the guest bathroom:





Or an iridescent mosaic:









or gold again:




or any metallic that my heart desires:




Last but definitely not least, the tile used for the majority of this mosaic was basically the same as the one used in my inspirational guest bathroom (though the lighting in this corner makes it look a bit duller).

Don't remember it? Take a look {here} and {here}.

Love, love, love this look.

I have more to show you, cuz this just put me into a frenzy, but it will have to wait until next post. LOL.





Do you have a nice, relaxing weekend or was it as busy as mine?

xo,
Ris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you Reading?

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

West Elm Giveaway