Don't Let the Stress Get to You

When you're doing something as overwhelming as renovating your house you sometimes need to take a step back from all of the hard decisions- heat, air conditioning, kitchen layout, new roof angles, fixing crawl spaces, fixing chimneys, updating electrical, etc. etc. etc.- and focus on the parts that are pretty and fun.  For me that means, furniture and room layouts. Here are a few of the pretty things that I have been looking at to keep my mind off of the stressful stuff. Deep Breath! :)

There is a guest bathroom off of our kitchen. I was thinking something like this would be MAJOR!

Image from Town


Also, loving this bathroom.  By the way, this is tile. Not wallpaper, tile! Amazing, huh?

New Ravenna Mosaics

I love all of New Ravenna's ikat collection. I can envision any of these in my guest bathroom.


Love this Dining Room. Can you say amazing dinner parties?

Image from Nuevo Estilo via Marcus Design


If I didn't have to (happily) share my bedroom with hubby it might look something like this:

Image from Sweety Design


... but since I do.. thinking this bed from Restoration Hardware is a nice compromise..
It's quite lovely, but since it's made out of steel (nope, it's not wood) it has a manly edge ;).
At least, that's what I'm telling hubby to convince him that we need this bed. ;)

19th Century Keyhole metal bed from Restoration Hardware


Check out more of my inspirational boards at Pinterest.

Also, don't forget to enter my West Elm giveaway.  Tomorrow is the LAST day to enter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

Weekend in Review

West Elm Giveaway