One of our Many Little Projects

My older son, H, has a fireplace in his new room.  Though it functions we are closing it up for now as the chimney guy that came to look at it said it was intended to burn coal.  Yes, I said coal.  Since we have no intention of burning coal in it, we figured it was best to close it up, especially while the boys are little.  I liked the white mantel and white tiles, but a lot of them were cracked and coming up. So, we decided to replace the tiles.  At first we planned on continuing the theme of white and white and use white marble tiles instead, but then I came across a tile that I really liked.

My older son, H's room- previously featured on this post

Old cracked tiles and new tile samples

I was originally thinking of using white marble to replace the old white tiles

White marble tile

White glass tile

After the tile was taken down
Glass and Marble tile options
This picture makes the tile look a bit more green than it is.

We still need to grout the tiles, which will be white.  I'm not 100% sold yet on how this looks.  Wish I had a picture of the whole room with the new tile to give you a better idea of how it actually looks, but I'll have to post it next time.  Right now there is also tile in the center of the fireplace. The dark wood trim on the floor will be painted white.

I hope that when this is actually finished that I will really like it.  Hopefully, you won't be reading another post in the near future where I tear down these tiles and return to my original white marble theme.

Don't you hate it when you do a project and you're second guessing yourself after its done??? Ugh.

Don't forget to take advantage of my West Elm giveaway! It ends Friday, so enter NOW.
 See original post here.


xo,
Ris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

Weekend in Review

West Elm Giveaway