Green Thumb


Hi hi!!
I am doing a lot better after all of the tree chaos. Thanks so much for asking.  ;)
I guess my love of plants and trees started at an earlier age since my mom is the original tree hugger.
In honor of Throwback Thursdays, #tbt, I'll share some pictures of me from back in the day.



Check out my mom in her sexy short shorts (she is going to kill me when she sees this. LOL).
There I am in the background playing with some hydrangeas, which are still some of my favorite flowers.






Here's a little me and some hostas (among a million other different plants).





They are still one of my favorite shade-loving plants.

Check out my driveway:






Here's me again.  
There's nothing like sitting in the sun on a nice day next to a garden.






So, of course I was thrilled when we moved to the house and saw these amazing built-in flower boxes.
These are on the windows right outside our kitchen and sun room.  This is the patio area in our backyard.
Since I knew this area would get a lot of traffic, I wanted to make an impact.

Before:




No plants in the planters and only weeds and boxwoods (for my non-plant people, those are those tiny green shrubs (shrubs are those little bushy thingies. gosh, you truly know nothing about plants, huh? LOL) in the ground.









All of the boxes were in pretty bad shape (like nothing else in my house, right?).  So we ripped out the top portions of the box, got new wood and painted them white.  Remember to use pressurized wood that can stand up to rain and the elements.








And here's what they look like now:



























Plant references:
(please excuse my complete inability to draw, even something simple like an arrow. lol. It's hard to do with a mouse. Graphic designers, I commend you!)



There are also some geraniums, dusty miller, sweet potato vines, gaura belleza and variegated vinca vines that I stole from my parents' garden that are also making appearances here.


ps. I took this pics when we were having a heat wave, so some of the little guys are a bit burned and droopy.


I would love to see some of your garden pictures. Please share.

Thanks for stopping by!

xo,
Ris

Comments

  1. Garden looks great. You definitely inherited mom's green thumb. The succulents in SF are redeeming my miserable record with plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! So sorry that gene wasn't passed on to you. Maybe I can rub some off on you next time I see you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

Weekend in Review

West Elm Giveaway