Weekend in Review


Hello There!

Hope you had a lovely weekend (yes, I know it's Wednesday). The hubby and I had friends in town from Cali this past weekend.  We hadn't seen them in ages, which is unfortunately what happens when all of your friends have kids and live far away.  :(  We were lucky enough to spend some quality time with them and have a super nice dinner, catch a Broadway play and see a college football game together.  I love when you haven't seen friends in a super long time, but you pick up right where you left off and it feels like it's been days since you last saw them instead of years.  I guess this is just a sign of AMAZING friends.
Ahhhh.. Thank God for friends like these.

Anywho, back to the weekend festivities....

Though I have been to MANY of my alma mater's football games, this was a whole 'nother level.  Sorry CU!  We went to see Syracuse and USC play at, what I prefer to call, the new Giants Stadium (I hate how every arena now has the name of their corporate sponsor. Boo!).  Our friends are alumni of USC, so it was quite a treat.  USC fans are crazy (in a good way of course), but I had such a great time I wished that I had gone to a school that had a bigger football program.






Our course Erin and I became BFFs with the USC alumni sitting behind us. LOL.
Yes, I was the only person in the entire stadium not wearing maroon, gold or white (USC colors) or orange ('Cuse colors).





After our friends were on a plane heading back to Cali, we journeyed back to Brooklyn to spend some time in our favorite borough.  :)  We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan (and back) where we are currently residing until our kitchen renovation is done (almost there!).  I had only walked halfway over the bridge before, so it was cool to cross this off of my NYC bucket list.  Sometimes when you live in a place you are less inclined to do the 'touristy' things there. 
For example, I have never been to the Empire State building. Bad, New Yorker!!

We spent the afternoon in the Brooklyn Bridge Park in the DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) section of Brooklyn.  The park is located on the East River between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. 
Seriously, this spot is INCREDIBLE.



These were the views:










The boys got to ride on the most beautiful carousel that I have ever laid my eyes on, Jane's Carousel.  The horses were gorgeous and the site COULD NOT BE BEAT.  At $2 a ride, this was waaaay cheaper than the carousel ride we took them on at a local fair a few weeks ago and waaaay better (my high school English teacher would be really proud of my grammar right now).


This picture was taken by the lovely Julienne Schaer.  She had so many beautiful shots of the carousel, I had a hard time picking which one to post.  Check out her website {here}.  Also, Julienne chronicles the building of the carousel from start to finish {here}.  Seriously, it is pretty amazing.  Definitely check it out.



Photo by Julienne Schaer

I love that picture. I mean, come on. This spot is sick, right?


We happened to stumble upon Smorgasburg.  There were a ton of food vendors (according to the site- 75).  We had our fill of lobster rolls, shrimp and chips, pigs in a blanket and Bolivian passion fruit and lime and hibiscus sodas. Can you say YUM??!!

The vendors were set up in the open-air Tobacco Warehouse.  Such a cool space!









That my friends, is all for now.

What did you do this weekend?
Please share. Thanks for stopping by!

xo,
Ris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

What are you Reading?

Weekend in Review