Welcome to Planet Hayden


Welcome again friends to Hayden's room.

It's been a while since you've seen it, so I'll give you a little refresher course:

You can take a look at old posts {here}, {here} and {here}. 


First it looked like this:

(These are pictures from our house tour before we bought the house.)














Then the house became ours and it was time to change things up:







Then we added a little paint:




and started to fix the fireplace:














Here's Hayden's bed with his Land of Nod bedding:

I love the shades of blue with the pops of orange.
One of the reasons hubby and I chose the name Hayden was because we were both fans of the Hayden Planetarium, located at the Museum of Natural History, when we were growing up. 

This bedding was a no-brainer for our little star gazer.







I am not a fan of the lamps on either side of the bed, but the boys love how easy they are to turn on and off.
They are those weird (or cool) lights where you touch the plate on the wall to turn them on and off.  For some reason it reminds me of the "clapper" from back in the day.  The jingle went: "Clap on, clap off, the clapper...." Lol. Yes, I am aging myself!



I'm thinking these cute shades from Pottery Barn Kids will make the lights a little cuter and go with the semi-celestial theme in Hayden's room.



Jared Star Shade from Pottery Barn Kids



I'm planning on switching this piece for one done by my talented sister in law, Donna Wilson.
Stay tuned.





Remember this nightlight from this post?




Now I need to get on the window treatments for these windows. I'm thinking of a navy roman shade to compliment the bedding. Nothing too 'kiddish' so that I won't have to replace them in 2 years when Hayden has turned into a big boy.






More pics to come.....

xo,
Ris

Also, Happy Birthday to Hayden who just turned 4 this past weekend. I am still in awe of how much joy he brings into my life each day. xoxoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

What are you Reading?

Weekend in Review