Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Happy Friday!

When I was younger, I always imagined that I would marry someone from a foreign land and live abroad.  I would learn a new language and culture and my children would be bi-lingual at the very least.  In actuality, I married someone also from New Jersey and my children only speak English (well, my one year old doesn't speak at all, but still....).  You can imagine my surprise, when one of my close friends from high school, Naomi, her husband, David, and their two sons, Lucas and Easy planned on taking a journey around the world that would last at least a year.  I have to admit, I was jealous.  This was something that I definitely wanted to do!  So, Naomi and David sold their house in New Jersey and off they went.  I applaud their bravery and their desire to expose their children to as many cultures as possible.  I live vicariously through them by following their blog: Home and Away.

Perhaps one day, I will follow in their footsteps.  For now, I just plan on trying to meet up with them in as many places as possible!

Here's to a weekend filled with adventure!

Picture taken from: http://www.vacancia.at

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

What are you Reading?

Weekend in Review