Happy Father's Day!

My dad is a pretty amazing guy.  I've always had a really great relationship with my father.  He is an ever present constant in my life that I know I can always rely upon.

When I was in junior high, my dad would often come home from work and have to go over all of my math assignments with me because my math teacher (who had a glass eye) was so intimidating and scary that I had a hard time absorbing anything I was taught. 

For the first 10 years I lived in New York City, I lived in at least 10 different apartments (not counting the ones that I moved into just for summer breaks from college).  Every time, my dad was there loading up the car, lugging those boxes from apartment to apartment.  No wonder his poor back is always achy now.  ;)

The handyman, builder, plumber and electrician that he is has come in handy on occasions too frequent to count.  I've also learned so much from him in this area (and many others of course), acting as his assistant on many projects around our house, that I could definitely be the host of my own HGTV show.  Now, with all of the work going on at my new house, he is always there checking on the progress to see that everything has been up to his standard. 

Last, but not least, he is my sons' favorite playmate (besides their dad) and I hope that I can be half as good a parent as he has been to me.

On this Father's Day, and every day, I realize how blessed I am to have this man in my life.

Happy Father's Day, Dad!!!!




Me and my Dad


My Dad and T when he was a baby

Of course, I can't forget my hubby, father to my two beautiful sons. 
 Every day, I am so proud of what a loving father you are. 
Our boys are beyond blessed to have you as a father.


Me, hubby and the boys



... and to you out there tuning in, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! to you and yours!!!

xo,
Ris

Comments

  1. I thought that I posted on this one awhile ago but I guess that it didn't go through. Thanks for a great contribute to our great father.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall....and dressers.. and tables.. and..

What are you Reading?

Weekend in Review